Switzerland is a country where everything is simple and intuitive, its roads completely prepared for the heavy snowfall of winter, and routes of no more than 1h and a half between important cities and prominent destinations. So our travel diary to Switzerland took us from Zurich to Geneva, passing through Rheinfall, Schaffhausen, Stein Am Rhein, Vaduz, Blazers, Maienfeld, Zug, Lucerne, Bern, Interlaken, Jungfraujoch, Freiburg, Gruyeres, Montreux and Lausanne on a 9 day route ...
Why read if you can visit Switzerland in a video summary of just 6 minutes. Do not forget to tell us if you are missing something for the next ...
Paula and Isaac, from Switzerland and Liechtenstein
|WE DIDN'T LIKE:|
- He high standard of living in accommodation and restaurants, "prohibitive" on many occasions.
- Iberia, as always, for breaking our suitcase. We have no words left for such a shame of company.
- Not being able to see the bears (!! It's winter! They are hibernating), a symbol of Bern.
- The difficulty finding a place to eat in Spiez January 1 (reasonable?).
- The loneliness of the city of Montreux At this time of year, with hardly any atmosphere.
- The disorganization of Geneva Airport.
- Juggling for fit the budget, saving on meals and lodging.
- A pity that one Highway pass by the vicinity of Chillón Castle, making him lose part of his magic.
- He "american" bathroom from the Montreux hotel. Let's say there are things that "don't always fit".
- Lausanne He didn't quite hook us like other towns or cities.
- Flood in Geneva, which makes us see a city of which they speak very well, with a very negative perspective.
|WE LOVED IT:|
- !!!Chocolate!!! Chocolate and more chocolate. Paula's eyes were leaving her orbit.
- Rheinfall, the Rhine Falls, the most impressive in Europe.
- Schaffhaussen, the ancient city of the boatmen.
- Reach the snowy mountains and valleys of Heidi, in Maienfeld.
- The lovelyZug, and truly charming historical center.
- The route to Interlaken with villages on a lake like Thun and Spiez.
- The ambience of the city "between-lakes"
- The low and high city of Freiburg, and its historical funicular.
- He accommodation charm through which we have been going, especially the Landhaus Hotel.
- Visit Switzerland by car It has been very simple, and has given us great flexibility to improvise on the road. Remember that we have achieved up to 15% discount for our readers directly applied if you click on the following image (and all the information for this trip in)
|ESSENTIAL / ONCE IN LIFE:|
¿What to visit in Zurich in 1 day? !!It's possible!!
The Polibahn, the tram towards the best views
Confiserie Sprüngli, to taste the best chocolates
The most historic, parallel to the Limmat river
Grossmunster, Fraumunster, St.Peter
A most romantic night walk
STEIN AM RHEIN
!! A story town !! How to enter a box
Most picturesque pedestrian streets
Wooden facades in medieval buildings
Dreamy atmosphere, decorated Christmas
!! The most beautiful Christmas store we have ever seen !!
An essential stop in North Switzerland
LIECHTENSTEIN, CASTLE AND MORE
Liechtenstein is more than Vaduz Castle
Vaduz has surprised us, pleasant to the traveler
Reach Malbun and dawn on the other side of the Rhine
Blazers, the big surprise, and his castle ...
... but especially Pfarrei St. Nikolaus ...
... of the prettiest churches we've seen
Walking through this city is pure romanticism
The Kapellbrucke, true icon of the city
Franciskanerkirche, Jesuitenkirche, the station ...
... Musseggmauer, Hirschenplatz ... and the night falls
The dying lion is much more than a relief ...
... is an almost perfect sculpture with feeling
NIGHT IN BERN
Bern is one of the most picturesque cities in Switzerland
Beautiful views from Nydeggbrücke and !! the cathedral !!
An astronomical clock as beautiful as the one in Prague
The "underground" hoteliers of the main street
What better parting of the year than with a fondeau?
A Swiss New Year's Eve in Bern
THE UPLOAD TO JUNGFRAUJOCH
The most wonderful route ever dreamed
Stops in snowy fairytale villages ...
… Grindelwald on the way, Lauterbrunnen on the way back
Impressive 7.3km tunnel carved into the mountain
Visit to Jungfraujoch, top of Europe,at -28 ° C
Hot chocolate? !! best impossible !!
Another charming town for a small list
La Maison de Gruyeres, an attractive cheese factory
The Old Town, literally taken from a postcard
Castle, HRGiger Museum, little shops, etc ...
The legendary Chalet restaurant and its star dish…
… !! a fondeau de Gruyeres !!
A privileged place at the foot of Lake Leman
The most famous Castle in all of Switzerland (and more photogenic)
A most complete visit (40 points)
A corner that dawns between morning mists ...
... and dusk in the silence of the lake
The best photos of the 10-day route
|FINAL AMOUNT OF THE TRIP:|
|FLIGHTS LCG-MAD-ZUR / GIN (i / v for € 170 / p)||340,22 €|
|ACCOMMODATIONS FOR 9 NIGHTS||817,00 €|
|CAR RENTAL 8 DAYS + GASOLINE||624,07 €|
|EXPENSES DAY (Visits, meals, ...)||1.032,53 €|
|FINAL AMOUNT EACH COUPLE: € 2,813.82|
|€ 1,407 / PERSON|
|+ TRAVEL GIFTS: € 100.61|